Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Run Fast

First of all I want to thank everyone for their support and constant prayers. I cannot do this with out you. I also want to thank all of those that are reading my blog- it means the world to me.



Through this process I have gotten many questions, many glares, and many friends and family in disbelief of my life changes. I accept all of them and encourage people to continue to speak with me honestly and with out fear of judgement. Many times people are put off by Christians because they think we are judging them and they think that we believe we are better than them or that we thing we are part of an "elite" group. I truly hope that those of you that believe any of these statements will one day understand our point of view and I pray that this blog may help you see Christians in a different light.



Romans 3:23 say "for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God." A major part of Christianity is accepting that fact that everyone is on the same level. No sin is greater than any other and no person is more clean than any other. We are all in the same boat. We are all broken and we are all sinners. However, Christians have been forgiven by accepting Jesus as their atonement (Meaning when God looks at us, He sees nothing but the perfection of His son, NOT our sin). By acknowledging that Jesus Christ is the son of God and by understanding that He died on the cross for the sinners, we are forever cleansed. This DOES NOT make us better than anyone else. This was one of the hardest things I have had to come to terms with. I would look at others and think to myself that they were wayyyy cleaner than I was and that there was no way the Lord would want me. This is one of the biggest lies people believe today. The Lord wants all of us. Every single one. No matter what you have done or what you will do, He loves you and He will fight for you. We do not think we are better than someone that is not a Christian. If someone has talked about Jesus Christ to you, it is because they love you. We are NOT judging, we are sad. We are sad because we know the joy that only the Lord can bring and we want the world to have that. We are frustrated because we are scared. We are scared because we know what happens to those who do not accept Christ. We appear judgemental because our hearts are breaking for those we cannot reach.

In one of the first bible studies I ever attended, evangelism was described like this:

There is someone standing in the middle of the road. You see them standing there and look to the left and see a huge 18 wheeler coming straight at them. This 18 wheeler is going to hit them, there is no way they can survive. Do you try and save them?

Of course you do. You yell and scream and if that doesn't work you will push them out of the way. This is how Christians feel around non believers on a daily basis. We see the 18 wheeler coming straight at them and we try and tell them. We are called liars, hypocrites, elitists, judgemental, crazy, you name it. We are trying to save lives. We are trying to show unconditional love. We are trying to show grace.

This is all coming from someone who didn't always believe. There was a long period of time in which I hated Christians and I refused to believe in Jesus. So I can tell you, from experience, that if you would give Christ a chance, He will not disappoint you. And I can also tell you that Christians are not trying to change everyone to be just like them, but they are trying to expose something beautiful that cannot be seen with out Jesus Christ.

This is what I am trying to do: expose the truth. John Wesley said, "The world is my Parish." This is how all Christians should live. Love knows no boundaries and every single person on this earth should have the opportunity to be loved by Jesus. It is my goal to share the love of Jesus with anyone I come into contact with. If it is not by me saying it, than it is by me acting it. I want the world to see what makes the Christian life so great and I want them to feel the love I only felt after the Holy Spirit had take over my heart. I challenge all of you to do the same. If you are not a Christian, talk to one. Talk to one and really listen and try to understand. If you are a Christian, go. Go talk about the Lord with others, and not just with other Christians. Get out of your comfort zone. Run, and run fast to others because they need Jesus now.

No comments:

Post a Comment