Monday, February 15, 2010

Return to Innocence (a wonderful song by Enigma...have a listen!)

So I made a facebook group to introduce my blog and my life and all that jazz a couple hours ago and I CANNOT BELIEVE that I am already having such great response. I have had several calls, emails, and facebook messages from people asking about my life and my trip and those questions mean more to me than anything else. I am getting support from people that I have not talked to in years and from people I have never even met. I am in shock. Seeing the Holy Spirit move in all of these people (believers and nonbelievers) makes my heart burn with passion and gives me assurance that I am on the right path.

I had the wonderful opportunity of getting to watch Lindsey and Emma raise money for their Haiti trip. They had like less than 2 weeks to raise their money and they did it in ONE DAY. Prayer is so powerful in these situations and the Lord loves to prove Himself to us again and again...I think he likes to laugh at how doubtful we are. Lindsey, Emma, and Taylor will be going to Haiti in less than 3 weeks and they need your prayer as well. They have raised their money, now it is time to pray consistently for their safety.

If you have not seen the movie At the End of the Spear, you have to. I watched it with Lindsey the other night and while it would probably make most people scared to be missionaries, it just solidified our desires to travel the world and share the Gospel. Everything for me is falling into place and God is revealing a piece of His plan to me every day. Betsy and I received news last week that we got interviews at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi. We are so excited and if everything goes as planned, we will be there for the next 2 years getting our master's degree in Marriage and Family Counseling.

All of this blows my mind because if any one of you would have come to me 2 years (or even a year) ago and told me that I would not only become a missionary but I would also being going to seminary, I would have laughed in your face and probably said a few four letter words. 2 Corinthians 5:14-17 tells about how we become a new creation after we come to Christ. Our old life is gone- no guilt, no anger, and no sadness- the past does not exist. More importantly, our past SIN does not exist. Our innocence is restored and our heart is forever changed. That is exactly what has happened in my life. The best part about it is that He is not done with me. I wake up every morning happier than I have ever been in my entire life because I know that no matter how perfect things may seem, this is NOT as good as it gets. Even in my struggles I have eternal love and support from the one thing that can promise it and keep that promise.

Please keep these wonderful people in your prayers...

Lindsey Caldwell (Haiti)
Emma Eberhart (Haiti)
Taylor Simmons (Haiti)
Drew Welchel (Mexico)
Neely Thomson (St. Vincents)
Rebecca Sokolove (Zambia)
Matt McCalley (Australia)
Laura Baker (Kenya)
Ariel Rainbow (Bolivia)

“One great, strong, unselfish soul in every community could actually redeem the world.” - Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment